Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Update on Britanie

We talked with our adoption worker today. I guess Britanie is starting to act out. She is getting restless. Nothing big....just not wanting to eat certain foods and not talking to certain staff members. She is in a group home with six other girls in similar situations. She has now been there the longest and the new girls are picking on her. They think she is a goodie two shoes....kind of a delinquent nerd. (Of course I think that is great, because she is such a good girl)

I feel terrible....I've been blogging about how nervous I have been. We just found out today that she has no idea who we are. She doesn't know where she will be going. She has no idea about the dynamic of the family she will forever live with. How sad is that? I couldn't imagine not having any sort of clue where my future lies. No wonder she is acting out. Poor thing.

I guess there is supposed to be a five day period after committee that is supposed to be no contact. Our caseworker is trying to over ride that since our case is a little different. What we might be looking at is staying in Portland for a three day period and spending time with her. At the end of the three days we would bring her home with us. Nothing is set in stone. But I'm grateful for the information. I'm sad that there is nothing we can do to comfort her. :(

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Leslie, that IS hard. I always think that when I have friends who adopt. Once you know that there is an actual person...with a name, a face, a history...a real living breathing person out there who is just waiting for a family...how can you NOT to want to just rush right out and get her this very minute. Soon. Very soon.

Prestwich Family said...

Oh, I feel so sorry for her. What a horrible thing to go through, not knowing anything. Does she even know she is in the adoption process or does she just find out when she is adopted. I hope it all goes exactly how you want it to! Please continue to keep us updated. On the adoption and your bladder!! :)

Daniel and Leslie said...

She knows she is being adopted. At least she knows that....