Monday, May 18, 2009

BUSTED!!

Dan and I took the weekend off from ALMOST EVERYTHING. We really enjoyed turning the phones off for two days and just doing whatever came to mind. We did a lot of work in the back and side yards.....but it was worth it!

Yesterday was pretty warm. Not scorching....but warm. We thought....hmmmm....ice cream. Sounds great.....OH WAIT.....it's Sunday.

Don't go....

Don't go....

Don't go....said the little voice in our heads:)

But we obviously took the time of from the little voice in our heads too. We went to Baskin Robbins. Yummy. As we were sitting at the traffic light ready to go home...I kept thinking....we are pretty close to Natalie's house. We better be careful not to get caught. So, I was watching the cars across the way to see if I recognized any from her blog. Nope.....we were safe. Then a look to the left....NATALIE....in a jeep. She didn't say anything about a jeep!!! If I was going to run into anyone....I guess I'm glad it is Natalie....she smiled and said "it's your last weekend!" I'm so glad she understands.....but why is it that we always get caught?

We are usually pretty good about Sundays. Keeping the Sabbath day holy is very important to us. But, it is funny that we know when we are doing something out of character....that is usually when we go sneaking around. Only doing things in the side or back yards to be hidden by the fence. Or in the garage with the door mostly closed so people cannot see inside. What we always forget is the one we are trying to hide from is able to see what we are doing no matter how much we try to hide. We just have an allusion that it is the people we are hiding from.

The only regret I have about yesterday is that Natalie had her oldest daughter with her. She saw that we were NOT keeping the Sabbath day. Adults who are supposed to be role models. I am very sorry for that :( But grateful too...it has made the little voice louder in my head. And next time I hope I listen :)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Don't beat yourself up too bad. After I got home from church, I had to go to Target to get the babe some medicine. . . .and a couple of bags of m&m's. It's all good.