Monday, May 4, 2009

Mirror Personality

Nine years ago I became a stay at home wife. And believe it or not it was the best thing that could ever have happened to me. After a few months, I realized how much I truly loved taking care of our home. But to some I became obsessive. Everything had to be just right at all times. And it was very hard for me to stop until it was done just perfectly. (Not so good for why I became a stay at home wife) I get picked on a lot by family members and some close friends. And everyone just laughs it away........while inside my head I am just waiting for them to leave because I have this long list in my head of things to do around the house. But, I think the re-arranging furniture was the thing that I got picked on the most. I needed change. Because I was home all the time it started getting boring to me to keep it the same way all the time.

A funny thing has happened in the last few months. Dan has taken over everything since I have been down. (And truly doing an amazing job) It cracks me up when he starts acting like me. For instance, he doesn't like going to bed when the dishes are not done. (Totally me) He would rather work on projects around the home instead of taking a day off to go to the beach. (Totally me) But, I think today was the kicker.....the moment I realized that he was turning into me.....He walked in the house and told me he re-arranged his office!!! He has only been out there for a month. And he is re-arranging. We were totally meant for each other.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Go Dan! He cooks, he does dishes... what else?? Jump tall buildings in a single bound?

Amy said...

I had heard that couples starting LOOKING LIKE each other after years of marriage. I didn't know they started CLEANING LIKE each other though! Score! (well, in your case it is a score. In my case it would mean that Peter starts ignoring laundry as long as I do.)