Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Posting off ideas of other posts.....

I have a friend that is growing butterflies. And it is so exciting to wait for the finished product.

I myself have been growing butterflies. Just not the same kind. I cannot seem to kick the butterflies in my stomach. Is this what mothers feel during the last month of pregnancy? I'm having a hard time eating. I cannot concentrate. And I cannot get my house in the right order. I'm sure it is driving Dan mad!!!

We watched the movie 'The Secret Life of Bees' the other night. And although I had read the book in my book club it was a completely different experience to me. The young girl in it was 14. She was struggling with feelings of her mother and who she is due to her loss. I was crying so hard. (So was Dan) All we could see was Britanie in that movie. What she must be going through. What it must be like to have been abandoned by your mother. (or entire family) How difficult it must be to move on with life and grow up and be a whole person.

I know that I cannot complain about how uncomfortable I feel with the butterflies in my stomach. I just hope they will go away eventually so I can love this little girl with all of my heart. And let her know that she is not alone and never will be again. I am so grateful for this opportunity to be able to help this little broken girl. Imagine what it is like for all of the older children in the foster program that do not get a second chance with parents. The ones that have to live the rest of their lives alone. With all of the horrible feelings of not being good enough or not being lovable. I wish I could bring them all into my home. But, since that is not possible....I will have to do it one at a time.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Uh oh. You're forever ruined. Really, forever. Movies and stories about sad/bad thing happening to kids just aren't stories any more. It isn't hard to immediately extend those stories to real kids. Real kids, today, right now, have really crappy things happening to them.

It happened to me - the feelings, not the crappy things. It took a year after Soren was born for me to even watch any kind of movie violence. And still, any news item/story/movie...about bad things happening to kids I have to turn off immediately. It makess me want to throw up.

Having your heart open wide like that can hurt sometimes.