Monday, May 18, 2009

Hanging Garden

We are trying a new idea this year. I've been wanting to do this garden for quite some time...but our yard is not necessarily garden worthy. Also, this way you don't have slugs or weeds...the dogs cannot reach them.....AND you don't have to bend over to get your harvest.



Although this garden is not as spectacular as some (Amy & Peter)...It fits our yard and my ability. Plus it adds new dimension to the back. There used to be fifteen foot arborvitae where the pergola now stands. (I'm still mad at the neighbors for that!!)



I hope it works. I'm excited for harvesting time :) I don't think corn would work this way though.....must think of something to do for them.....

4 comments:

Sharlee said...

Where did you get your the Topsy turveys at? Everyone says they are sold out?

Daniel and Leslie said...

Home Depot. $9.99 You can get them online too. They were sold out when we tried too.

Mooners said...

what all are you growing????

Daniel and Leslie said...

Tomato, Cucumber, Bell and Hot Pepper. For spaghetti sauce. Yummy:D