Thursday, April 23, 2009

Trials & Blessings

I am so grateful for all of the blessings I receive on a daily basis. I have had a good share of trials in my life. But, I must say that the trials have never out weighed the blessings. And I know that I have many more trials to endure. I cannot help but feel overwhelmed at how easy my life has been. And I am very grateful that I can see that.....even during one of the most trying times in my life.

For my husbands birthday I gave him a journal to write down everything he is grateful for on a daily basis. All the blessings that he has in his life. Every night before we go to bed he writes in it and then reads it to me. I cannot explain to you the joy that it brings to go to bed with nothing but all of your blessings on your mind. I sleep better. I wake up happier. And it has definitely brought us closer together.

So many people in my life are going through some pretty serious times. Heartache, pain, loss, financial difficulties and lack of love. I wish that I could give them a journal to write in on a daily basis. If only they could see all of the good things in their life....no matter how small....I know that they would be able to come out of the trial will smiles and joy in their hearts.

If your read this blog....Please take my challenge. No matter what is going on in your life....good or bad.....Please take the time to write down all of the good and remind yourself that you can endure. You will be a happier person. Share it with someone and they will feel that joy too. Sometimes life sends storms that are unexpected....prepare yourself.

I have never been disappointed about the pain and sickness that I have endured. It has just helped me to realize all of the good things that I do have. And some of the good things in my life would never have materialized if I had not been suffering. And I am grateful for the challenge.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

That's a very thoughtful gift. Thanks for sharing. You have a great attitude.

Amy said...

What a spectacular post!!!!

Jen said...

What a great idea. I think I'll give that a try... Thanks for the inspiration!