Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My husband and I are freaks....

We have been trying to plan a vacation around Christmas. We always love to travel this time of year. We have looked at cruises, Disney World, Hawaii, Canada or maybe even Mexico. Nothing seemed to excite us much. They seemed ok....but not exciting. I mean really how difficult is it to get excited about going somewhere foreign?

The freakish part starts here. We were looking at a new calendar for next year and decided that we are going to Salt Lake City. SERIOUSLY!!! Salt Lake City??? Neither of us have been inside the Temple there. Any of them in that area actually. And there is most definitely going to be snow. We are totally stoked! I think I'm taking too much medication. Dan.....well.....Dan is just Dan:D

We are going to stay at a place called 'The Anniversary Inn'. It is a bed and breakfast with theme rooms. And we will be able to spend some time with very good friends there. But....I think we need to take a vacation class.

4 comments:

tdthomson said...

Great place to Stay! My brother has been living there the past week while he has preformances with Voice Male. He did all the Photos for the Anniversary Inn's web pages and now gets to stay and enjoy it quite often. We have enjoyed staying there for several visits and love it there. It is wonderful! Enjoy. Maybe we will see you at Temple Square! Have a fun vacation.
Bambi

Natalie said...

Don't forget to see the Joseph Smith movie at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. And, you can see the light, and if you were a skiier, then you could ski! I don't think you're nuts. Take a drive up to "Hardware Ranch" while you're there. It's awesome at Christmas time.

The Greg Nelson Family said...

Have fun in Salt Lake. We were there for Thanksgiving and got to see all the lights on Temple Square. It was the first time for me. I wanted to go through the temple but we didn't have enough time to do it, maybe some other time. I don't know if you could get tickets, but if you can you should see Savior of the World. It was great. Have fun at the Inn too. It is a fun place.

Shane & Melissa Brown said...

I think Melissa knows the family that owns the place and has stayed there herself. When do you leave?