Monday, December 21, 2009

Dedication

There is a little old woman in our ward who was baptized yesterday. She is an adorable little lady. She was giggling so much after she was baptized that I couldn't stop giggling. She is disabled and has to walk with a cane. When she does use the cane...it is with great effort. Due to her disability she is unable to drive. And she depends on members of the ward to take her to church.

Because she was baptized yesterday...she was to be confirmed today. There was a mix up in communication and right before church started the missionaries realized that she was not there yet. She didn't have a ride. Someone went to get her immediately. On their way they found her walking alongside the road. On her way to church. She was not going to miss this day. And she was willing to sacrifice anything to get there.

How many times have you felt that kind of dedication for anything that you do? I only hope that I can have the same faith and dedication that this woman has. She has truly inspired me today. I will never forget it.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That brought tears to my eyes... what an inspiration. Thanks for sharing!