Friday, December 11, 2009

December 11th

This day will always be a day of great meaning to me. Dan and I met 16 years ago today. I remember I went to meet him at his work. (A gas station) He was the night manager. (which meant he was the only one working the shift) He was bundled up because it was so cold. I remember that all I could see of him were his eyes. But, I knew immediately that I was going to marry him. (Did I forget to mention that I was on a date with his roommate?) I'll never forget that feeling. And I never have regretted it.

We were sealed in the Temple on this day too. At times I think that December 11th is more an anniversary than our wedding anniversary. (We have a lot of anniversaries that we celebrate) All I know is that I love that man. I never had a choice. It was destiny. And I am OK with that. He is the constant in my life. An eternal companion like no other. And he makes me laugh daily. Sometimes hourly.

Happy Anniversary Buddy!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

What a beautiful post! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully we'll have a chance to get to know Dan better. We still owe you guys a dinner!

Unknown said...

Y'know... that's a lot more romantic than the proposing story.

My calendar is littered with Anniversary's and Luniversary's.