Friday, January 16, 2009

Book of tears.....

I'm so excited and sad at the same time. We went in to look at the profiles for all the children who are available to adopt. Sadly, it is a very large binder. I think our case worker said there was another one that was bigger. They actually offer you a box of tissues when you look at the book and read about all these kiddos. It was an amazing experience.

Viola (our Caseworker) said that as soon as she turned in our Home Study, there were so many other caseworkers e-mailing her with children for us. It was the very first time in this entire experience that I found a flicker of hope. We actually have people out there seeking us. It should make it a lot easier through the Committee process.

I tried not to get my hopes up. But, I failed in that area. I am so excited. I cannot stop thinking about having these children placed with us. We found 4-5 sibling groups with just a brother and sister, and one single child. We submitted for all of them. We will only get one selection, if we get any. But, I cannot help but be excited that we will have a family soon. I have found so much joy in this process......yet there has to be so much sorrow for me to have this joy. It is a bitter sweet happiness that I don't yet know how to handle.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, Leslie. That does sound hard. How heartbreaking to find a whole book of children who need a family!

Good luck in managing this emotional process. Your going bless some very lucky children with a kind and loving home.

John Rivas said...

I wish there was something I could say that would be helpful but I can't think of a danged thing.

You and Dan are fantastic and I cannot think of two more deserving parents than you two to receive children into your home.

I will keep you--and your kids!--in my prayers!

John Rivas said...

By the way, lest you think John is a total sap, this is Chelsea. I didn't realize I was logged in as John.

Mooners said...

Good Luck!! and i am here i can read your stuff now!!!!!!!!!!!! ya ya party time!

Arin said...

Leslie...I've just caught up here on your latest postings...

This whole process seems so long and difficult. I am continually impressed by your positive attitude and admire the tenacity you guys have shown.

Can't help but think good things are in store :-)!

Natalie said...

Wow, that's so sad. Your positive attitude is really inspiring. I hope the best for you guys.