Friday, November 27, 2009

Traditions

The day after Thanksgiving has a tradition in our home. Decorating the Christmas tree. Officially it is time to start the celebration. Dan and I spent all day re-arranging the house to make sure everything would fit right. And even though it is a fake tree...IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!! Amazing how different the house feels in Christmas mode. We decided that this year we will start a new tradition of sleeping in the living room with the lights on all night the first night. It is like a slumber party. Dogs everywhere (we are babysitting an extra one) so we have four to find room for. They are all snoring....including the papa. (Thank goodness for earplugs :D) I look forward to more traditions being added on.

2 comments:

Shane Brown said...

What a cool idea!! I usually fall asleep looking at all the lights the fist night anyway. Why not make it an event? We are so excited for you guys to spend your first Christmas as parents. It's everything it's played up to me and more.

Amy said...

I love that tradition. I hadn't ever heard about it until this year and now I've heard a few people that do that. Love it!! I think I may have to try that myself next year.