Thursday, April 22, 2010

Surprise!!!

I was weeding my garden today (just below the clematis that is shown below) and my dogs started barking. I thought maybe they had trapped a rat or a snake...so I ignored them for a while. Letting them be dogs.

I finally decided to go and check out what the commotion was. I found a litter of kittens. They were so sweet. Three of them. Maybe a couple of days old. I was horrified that my dogs could have attacked them. Luckily mama kitty had put them in a protective area that the dogs could not get to. They just barked and barked.

I waited around for an hour and a half for mama to come back. Just as I was putting together a box to take them to the humane society....mama came home. She has been there constantly since. I feel bad that I almost took her babies away. But, I couldn't let them starve. I was so sure the dogs had chased her away and she would never come back.

No comments: