Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Old Dryer

I believe I have mentioned this before....but, they just don't make appliances like they used to.

I am so sad. Our 15 year old dryer is dying. It keeps popping the breaker. So, we called a repair man. $250 later....it is still having problems. Luckily the repair man gave us a refund.

We were looking at new washer and dryers....most of them are now the front load. Not a good idea for people with back pain. Plus, they are too deep to fit into our laundry closet. So, not only would we have to pay the price for the new appliances...we would also have to pay for the construction to move the washer and dryer into the garage.

I'm trying to figure out if we should just buy a new house. The expense might not be as much as trying to adapt to the new appliances. :D

3 comments:

Jen said...

That stinks... I'm shopping for a new dishwasher, but I just keep thinking that my 1970's model might not be too bad after all the horror stories I've heard about the new ones...

Amy said...

Hey - Have you checked out Larry's Appliance Castle? Hm, as I type that I wonder if it really could be called that. But I think it is. He sells used washers and dryers. I bought a set from him 8 years ago when we bought our house...and they are still working great! They are on 12th street...not far from the 13th street Nursery.

Sharlee said...

The front load washer and dryer aren't that bad once on a pedestals. You could even make your own out of wood that is higher than the normal pedestals. We love our Samsung Washer and Dryer. It even sings to us when it's done with its cycle. Ours were too big to keep the accordion doors on so we took those off and put a cute curtain over them.