Tuesday, December 23, 2008

ONE FOOT!!!!

I am so happy we got all our Christmas shopping done early. We have been stranded at home for three days in a row. (I have a friend that is working on way more than that...but she lives at a higher elevation:) Lucky her!! We measured three times yesterday. The first was about 8am. It was only about four inches. And one of those inches was all ice. Then about 1pm we had 7 inches. We were so excited. Then the blizzard hit. Twelve inches by 4pm. I am from Oregon and I don't remember seeing this much snow so near the valley floor. The weatherman said on Sunday night that Salem has seen the last of the snow and Monday was going to be the 'Great Thaw'. RIGHT!! We have had a few tragedies.....I was meaning to cut down our arborvitae about three feet a few weeks ago. No need any more. At least they are hanging down. It will make it easier to trim. Our pool dome is down too. I had been watching it for a few days. I knew it needed to come down.....but I had to wait for the ice and snow to melt off it a bit before I could even try. It never happened. It has now collapsed and I fear that swimming in the rain will never be the same again. BUT....I will not complain. This is exactly what I wanted for Christmas. WHITE. LOVING IT:)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Dude - when I saw the title I thought that someone slipped on the ice and broke a foot and was therefore down to "one foot!"

And let me tell you...I've got a fatwa out for that weatherman...warming trend? Yeah, right!