Friday, June 27, 2008

Oi Veh!

In California again. I tell ya! Luckily this is for fun. My sister is having a baby shower. I can't miss that right? And in August she will have the baby. I can't miss that either right? Maybe I should move her up to Oregon. ;)

We finished our classes. Now we wait for a caseworker to be assigned to us. Then more classes. And home studies. And FBI/Criminal background checks. Amazing what you have to go through. But, I agree it needs to be done. We had some people in our class, who I'm afraid to say I judged, that scared me. I wouldn't want to place children with them. You know that weird feeling you get. Just a creepy feeling. The one you cannot explain....but you don't want to ignore it either. Hopefully I'm wrong.

The new development is that my cousin is going to come live with us. Her name is Barbara. She is 17 and going to be a senior this year. We figure the older we get the children the less time they are in the home. :) You know.......17 and 3/4.......College scholarships.......and a very high paying job in the future. Those are the kind of children everyone wants right? We are very excited she is coming to stay. We need someone to practice on. Hee Hee. I hope we don't screw up too bad.
Blog to you soon :)

No comments: