Friday, June 13, 2008

Still going strong

We are half way done with our classes now. We made it through the Sexual Abuse one just fine. It actually strengthened our desire to go through with this. It has been a great experience for us. I tell you....this lady that teaches the class.....she does it with so much passion that it makes me want to go back to college. Just because I know these classes are going to end.....and I don't want them to. We have learned so much. Things that birth parents probably aren't aware of. I actually had a friend the other day that was having problems with her 5 year old daughter. It was a communication problem. In our classes they are teaching us to learn and read their 'tells'. And how to communicate with them at their level. It was so obvious to me what was going on (due to the classes) and my friend had no clue. She has been around this child since birth and is still not sure how to communicate with her. And it isn't my friends fault. I really believe that every parent should go through some kind of class to understand the development and normal characteristics of the child. I know they have a 'What to expect when you are expecting' book. Do they have one for after the birth and through the ages of the child? I hope so. I am so grateful for these classes. There are so many things that I would have taken for granted, or done on instinct. And sometimes, I have learned, instinct is wrong. I cannot wait to pick your brains on all of this.

Blog to you soon!!

No comments: