Friday, June 13, 2008

Remodel

Ok. So we are getting our house ready for a family. Oh Boy, is that a lot of work. A little over a year ago we put some french doors in our dining room. We love them. But, it used a wall to one of the bedrooms.....that now needs to belong to a child. I don't know how many children are out there that want french doors with lots of clear glass to go into their bedroom. SO.....we decided to move them to the other side of the dining room. Everyone thinks we are crazy....but we don't care :) Then we have to wall off where the doors were. But while we are walling off we decided we might put another wall in the living room area....and create a Den. Everyone wants a Den....don't they? I mean.....if we build one wall.....how hard will it be to build another? Right? Right!
Have I ever mentioned that I love change? I remember that one of my friends said every time they come into my house it is different. I told her that I guarantee that to everyone. Well.....here we are. Changing again. It's funny....I thought putting a wall in the living room would make it seem smaller. Not so. It actually gives me another wall to put things on and it seems bigger. I don't get that. But its true. Here is the trick. I have bookclub at my house next week. Do you think we can get it done in time? We shall see.......

Blog to you soon!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Ooh, the countdown is on...6 days until book club...will the wall be done...will I be done with the book? LOL.

Arin said...

I would say you will be way more likely to be done with your remodel than I will be done with the book...how's that? You guys are super funny...you always have a huge project on the go!!!

Jen said...

"if we build one wall.....how hard will it be to build another?" ha, ha, ha... I'm chuckling to myself remembering two months ago when my husband said our remodel would take two weekends, tops! Sorry I missed bookclub. Sounds like it was great!