Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy food vs. Comfort food

Dan is always confused when I tell him I need comfort food. I don't blame him. The food changes with whatever mood I'm in. So brownies might work for one mood....but definitely not an other.

I have found that BBQ Ribs are in the happy food category. It does not matter what mood I'm in....Ribs will always make me happy. I would like to find more foods that fit in that category. I'm not really a picky eater...so, you would think that would be easy to find.

I'm very grateful that Dan loves to play with recipes. But, it makes it harder because I have too much good food to choose from.

It would be nice to go to a grocery store and just stroll down the 'comfort food' isle.

What I find interesting is that comfort food and happy food are not the same. Comfort food is something that makes me feel better when I'm down....but happy food makes me smile and get excited. Ideally I would like to find a happy comfort food. Maybe it is a good thing I haven't found it. I would never do anything but eat.

3 comments:

Amy said...

This post was a happy comfort post. :-)

Natalie said...

I *heart* ribs. Yum. Had some Famous Dave's a couple of weeks ago. So very delicious. I could eat ribs every day!

Sharlee said...

New business adventure. Call the resturant comfort foods!!!!