Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lady Kestra of Bella



1999 - 2010

We lost one of our dearest companions today. Kestra has always had heart problems and seizures. Last night she had a doozy. It lasted almost an hour. She never quite came out of it. There was a lot of neurological damage. They think she might have had a stroke too.

It was a very difficult day. And she passed away in my arms. She was my truest friend, my sentinel, personal body guard...and my nurse. She never left my side. Wherever I was...she was close by. I am very happy that I was there for her when she needed me. She is no longer suffering. And ours is just beginning. She was the best dog. I've never met her equal. I will never forget her.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! That's really sad. I'm glad she doesen't have to suffer anymore, but sad for you, because you're going to miss her.

Amy said...

Aw, how sad. What a sweet little picture of her! Pets are so awesome...and it is so sad when we lose them...

Jen said...

I'm so sorry! It's been a rough couple of months for you guys. Hang in there!

Mooners said...

I am so sorry. I pulled Adrea to the computer and read the post to her cause i know she loves your puppies so much.