Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm a Costco snob!!

A while ago a friend of mine wrote on her blog about Costco accepting food stamps now. I have to admit...I didn't think I was the kind of person that would think that was a problem.

I was very wrong.

We went on Saturday. I knew it would be busy. But...lets face it....Costco busy is easy to tolerate. Again...I was wrong. The first weekend of the month, and the day before super bowl.....BAD IDEA. I seriously was so uncomfortable the entire time. It was chaos. I actually had the fear that I was going to be mugged. The clientele were a completely different type of people. People who didn't care that they were messing up the store. Costco is usually in order. I found so many things that had been picked up in one place and discarded in a completely different area. I have to admit...I almost don't want to go back. I know that is impossible....but....I will be choosing my days carefully that is for sure.

I didn't even realize that I had chosen to shop in places that were 'upper class'. I'm embarrassed with my attitude. And so shaken that I had to share.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I haven't noticed it yet, but I don't blame you. I had crowds, messes and unruly kids... I couldn't stand Costco on Saturdays before...I better stay away.