Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Teenagers

I realized I haven't blogged much about Britanie lately. Our house has been all in an uproar with Gauper....I hope I'm not neglecting my parental roles with my concern for my little man :(

I find myself reflecting upon how NORMAL of a teenager Britanie is. Funny how I expected it to be much more difficult. I guess that most moms would be frustrated with the way their teenagers react to things. (Good or bad) I find that every time there is a problem...it makes me smile. I realize that her pre-pippert life didn't affect her as bad as it could have. She seems to respond to things the same way any teen would. (Clothes, Music, Rules) Unless anyone is going to admit that their parents LOVED their kind of music.....Or NEVER had a problem with clothing issues. If there is that perfect family out there....I'd like to meet them. They might need therapy.

For now I am happy with a dysfunctional adult. That is the way it is supposed to be. How else are we supposed to learn to deal with the real world? Life is good :D

2 comments:

Amy said...

That's a great way of looking at it Leslie! Britanie is sooooo lucky to have ended up with you guys.

Jen said...

She sounds pretty normal to me! I'm so impressed with your attitude about parenting.

I just heard that my nephew is in love with Britanie...He'll be as tall as she is soon. Is she interested in younger men? :)