Thursday, September 18, 2008

For the birds

I was sitting at my computer the other day and looked out the window. We have a humming bird feeder hanging there. And to my surprise there was a little humming bird waiting for his breakfast. There was nothing in the feeder and he was just resting. (which is something you don't see everyday) So, of course I jumped up and filled the feeder immediately. Amazing how little creatures can make you feel so sad that you have not taken care of them. So, I also filled the other feeders. Today I would guess there are at least an hundred birds in our side yard. Elphaba (our "bird" dog) sits patiently on the other side of the fence looking through the slats......waiting for her breakfast I'm sure. :)

Blog to you soon.......

1 comment:

Amy said...

How sweet. I've always had fantasies of having a hummingbird feeder...but somehow it just hasn't happened.