Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring Fever

We cannot believe it snowed at our house (OREGON) yesterday. We are down here wearing sunblock. Amazing to me what difference there is in 600 miles.

I have to tell you....spring fever is pure horror down here when you rent an apartment. I usually get spring fever right after Christmas. I always start looking at bulbs and hanging baskets right away. We rented an apartment down here that doesn't allow you to have anything on your front porch. (That was well planned out) :( I think it is even harder down here because everything blooms so early. Daffodils are usually blooming end of February in Oregon. We came down here the second week in February and they were already dieing off. Same with the Calla Lilies. They are in full bloom down here already.....almost gone.....and I know the ones in my yard won't bloom until the end of May. I guess the blessing in that is that I get to enjoy a longer spring, since I will be home by June 1st. I guess there is also the fact that if I had planted when I started spring fever in December....they wouldn't have lived through this strange weather that is happening in Oregon. Ok, Ok......I see the up side now. I guess I just needed to see it in writing to really appreciate it. I am getting a good base coat of a tan line for the pool season this year. We are going to go fly a kite at the beach this week, and soak up all the sun we can before we come home. Miss everyone and everything.

Blog to you soon :D

1 comment:

Amy said...

ooh you are making me so jealous!