Friday, April 11, 2008

The Rundown

Just to get the hang of this, I thought I should just start typing.

The Pippert's

We have been together for 14 years now. It was definitely 'Love at first sight'. Well for me anyway. Of course the real thought in my head was "Crap! I have to marry this guy?" But luckily for me he turned out to be a real catch. We met at the 76 station in Monmouth, OR. I was actually on my first date with his roommate and was told to steer clear of Dan because he would try and steal me away. Of course that relationship didn't go very far. We started dating on April 10th, 1994 and he asked me to marry him on April 16th. To my friends and families surprise, we were married on May 28th of the same year. Sure, it was a quick romance. But when you know, you know.

We moved around a lot in the next few years. About every six months we were in a new home. Which of course I didn't mind.....because I love change. Anyone who knows me can testify to that. He was so ambitious and I followed him everywhere. From bike mechanic to Kitchen designer to Yellow Page advertising to Pizza to 401k and Retirement Plans. I'm sure there are quite a few more in between. But I cannot remember them all. We finally bought a house and settled down in 2002. It is hard to believe how long we have been in one house. But, 50 coats of paint later, and absolutely no texture showing on the walls (JK) here we are.

Just this last year my father decided he wanted to retire and start doing what he has always wanted to (Teach). Go figure. You decide to retire to follow your dream.....and that dream happens to be work. So, Dan, on a whim decided we should purchase my father's business (Earth friendly Pest Control) from him. I had been working with him answering phones and doing the schedule and invoicing for 4 years and we thought it wouldn't be that much different to take over. RIGHT!!! We purchased the business on April 1, 2007 and since have been in California (where the business is) for more than 8 months out of the last year. Dan has put so much effort into this job.....you would think that he has been doing it for years. But to be honest with you.....we wouldn't be where we are today if he hadn't been so eclectic in his job searches. Every single one of them has helped us learn what we needed to know to successfully run and operate this business. Now our only goal is to get us back home to Oregon.

That is a pretty quick summary. But, I will probably fill in the blanks as we go along. Oh, I forgot to mention our children. Gauper is 8 1/2 years old. Very calm and lovable. Wouldn't do anything to hurt a fly. Basically because he wouldn't want to put the effort into it. Kestra is 8 years old, and definitely showing her age. She has a heart problem. But she is just a sweetheart and follows her mama everywhere she goes. She just wants to be near me. She also has a shoe fettish. When ever she goes missing for a while.....usually we can find her curled up in a closet with all the shoes. And Elphaba is 1 year old. She is a spit fire. Very loving and willing to nibble on your ear if you would let her. And watch your toes too. She loves toes. Most people who where flip flops know this already.

Thanks for listening! :)

Blog to you soon -

No comments: