Monday, July 26, 2010

Dad's Relay

I love that my dad is so athletic. We have been able to go to a few of his races and we love it. This race brought him within a mile of our home.



The relay was from Gresham to Eugene. They separate the running times to be about 5-7 miles each. And some of them run two or three legs. One of his legs turned out to be at 2am. He said he loved it because it was so beautiful and quiet and peaceful. There was even an eclipse of the moon that he got to enjoy during his run.



I am so proud of my dad. He always strives to be better than he is. Better educated, more fit and healthy. He has taught me so much over the years about how to better take care of myself. He doesn't seem to let anything get him down. Retiring to him was to stop doing what he was doing for 30 years and do what he has always wanted to do.....Teach science. He is always on the move. I hope that I can be just like him some day. :D



(Just a side note: The guy he is passing off to....His name is Ernie...My dad's name is Burt. I thought that was pretty funny :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Your dad sounds awesome! You're a lucky girl.