Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Year of 'mamas'

It makes me feel so good to know that my yard is a haven to more than just me and Dan. We have found two mamas that have made our yard their home. I hope our dogs leave them alone :D

I posted about the kitties a few weeks ago. They are getting big. Mama moved them so I didn't know where they were. We found them on Sunday. I took them to the vet on Monday....($$$$)! They are all doing well. Kitties have an upper respiratory infection so they are on antibiotics. Mama is very healthy. And she is such a lover. She is only around one year old. No collar....no chip. I'm scared that she might be ours now. The vet gave me great packages to give out to the new owners of the kitties when they go. My vet is AWESOME!!!





Our other visitors are a family of doves. It amazes me how close they let us get to the nest. According to research on the internet....We should have a baby bird in about 7 days. I'm really afraid for when it starts to fly....I hope it can do a good job first try....because they are nesting in the dog yard :(



I'm very busy taking care of these new families. I am loving it!!! I have to do antibiotics three times a day. My hand is all scratched up from the littles. But, they are so sweet. I don't care :D

1 comment:

Mooners said...

You are such a nurturer good thing those kitties found you!