Sunday, September 27, 2009

I have a blog???

I haven't looked at my computer for so long...I almost forgot I had one.

All is well in Pippertland. I can't remember what it was like to not be a mom. I'm loving all the quirks that come with having a teenage girl in the house.

Dan's most common question is 'are all teenage girls like this?'. Yes Dan....they ALL are. I don't think he quite gets the whole emotional thing. The ups and downs. It is really funny. I just sit on the sidelines and giggle when she stomps out of the room and he is clueless as to what he has done. I'm still amazed at how it all makes me smile even (and usually) when things are not running so smooth.

Britanie's most recent request has been for me to braid her hair at night. She likes the look of kinky hair. So, fifty or so braids later, and cramping fingers she is all ready for bed. I makes me so happy to spend that time with her. We talk about everything. And I look forward to doing it every single night.

Dan has been reading to her when she goes to bed. They are reading 'New Moon'. It is really great that she doesn't feel too old for being read to. Dan loves it. And we look forward to it every night when she comes and asks us to do it. I will be a little sad when we get so used to it that we just do it without asking....only because it makes us feel so special when she does ask. She is so freaking adorable.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you back... I've missed you! :) Glad everything is going well with your "baby"...

Amy said...

You are all so blessed to have each other! Awesome.