Thursday, August 28, 2008

Then again.......Maybe NOT!

So sitting with our caseworker yesterday made it seem like this will be more difficult than we thought. She told us 'realistically' we are looking at 2010 before 'kiddos' could be placed with us. I was under the impression that there were tons of kids out there waiting for homes.....and there are....but the process is 'long and arduous'. I guess, because Dan was adopted and we have 'shady' people in our family......it is a much longer process. They have to look much deeper into our past than they usually do. So, our excitement is not as strong as it was. We are still looking forward to the end product.....but we know that we have a lot of time to prepare. The funny, and actually scary thing is........Our children have not even been taken from their biological parents yet. Is that sad or what? I do hope this process gets easier.....

Blog to you soon....

4 comments:

Prestwich Family said...

Oh, I am so sorry. That must be kind of a bummer. I am sure it will all work out.

Amy said...

Oh, so sorry for the heartache. Adoption can be so tough like that. 2010? Wow, that is quite a change, isn't it? I hope you aren't getting discouraged - I'm sure there are going to be some very happy children in 2010 when they join your family.

Arin said...

Oh Leslie that's such a bummer. I am sure this feels very discouraging...but hang in there! Thanks for the update!

Jen said...

Keep your chin up! You'll be ready for them when they come and it will be wonderful. :)