Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Friends are AWESOME Mom's

I cannot believe how hard it is to shuffle kids and have a life on the side. I have been watching two children for some friends of ours for the last two weeks. OI!!! I never realized how time consuming it is. And how exhausting it is. I now know why my friends all looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned we wanted a sibling group. But, I tell you....I have the recipe down for Play Doh and all the cookie cutters to go with it. And kids love to play outside in the water and pick flowers and color with crayons and bake.......Oh and nap time. LOVE IT!! I have never been a nap taker.....but do I ever now. You almost have to to keep up with these little ones. AmyJo asked me if I wanted to go on an outing with her and the girls.....I don't think I'm up to going outside yet. I have a hard enough time keeping them in order indoors. Of course I am sure that all of you have control of your own children and that it is just difficult for me because they don't know my language yet. At least I hope that is the case. This has been a great eye opening experience for me. It has made me think more about what age of children would be good for me too. Little ones are very tiring. I wonder if I could keep up with them. If I have the energy that all of my friends seem to have. I need to know what your secrets are. Is there some kind of food that I'm supposed to eat right before bed to get energy the next day....or is it in liquid form? I would love to know how you all do it.

Blog to you soon....

4 comments:

Natalie said...

It's called "substance abuse." That's the ticket! Just kidding. I'll let you know when I find the secret formula. It's been rather elusive in my home. Good luck!

Jen said...

I'm no help...I just had one and it was pretty easy. Sounds like you're ahead of the curve if you've already made homemade play-doh!

Arin said...

No answers here either except that you pretty much take it as it comes and roll with it! But, I agree with Jen...if you're making homemade playdough you're Martha-esque already!

Mooners said...

YOu make me laugh i love you so much!!!