Saturday, June 13, 2009

Missed Kodak Moments

Arin....if you are reading this.....STOP NOW. Rats involved!!!


Today was such a wonderful day that we decided to do a little pool work. You know how the saying goes....'The cobbler's children have no shoes'? I always thought that was because they might not have needed shoes. Well apparently the exterminator's family is in need of service.....AND WE ARE GETTING IT OR ELSE!!!!

Dan was pulling out the pools solar cover from a bench and we found that there was a huge rat living in there. We didn't want to kill it (it wasn't bothering us) so we decided we were going to let it get out of the bench and run away. Britanie knew what was going on and was really interested....but very jumpy. Just standing there watching Dan try to let it out was giving her the creepy crawlies. She was wiggling all over. (I don't know why I didn't have the sense to get the camera. I guess I didn't want to miss it either.) When the little guy jumped out....it ran straight for Britanie.....she was screaming so loud! ( I can still hear it in my head and it makes me laugh so hard) Of course she took off running....and he kept chasing her. They were following a pathway. It was not intentional....just her luck. Screaming the whole way.

I wish I would follow the teachings of my friend Amy and carry a camera with me at all times. I would watch that video over and over and over. For now I will have to live with my memories....and giggle.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Ok, that is really freaky that the rat was chasing her. I think I would be very disturbed.

Amy said...

That is hilarious! I did something just the other day...something totally boring and normal, like go to the grocery store or something. I debated carrying my camera and decided to not take it...and of course something worth photgraphing happened! It always does!

I admire the no-kill stance...but now that he's chased Britanie how does SHE feel about that?! LOL.

Arin said...

Thanks for the warning...I totally skipped it and now I can sleep tonight!